India, on an average, welcomes 6.58 million foreign tourists and this number is growing at a very rapid pace. India has a vast network of Railways, interconnecting whole country. For a Foreign tourist or NRI who wants to see the real India, We highly recommend to use vast railway network of Indian Railways.
IRCTC web portal comes in handy to avoid long queues at the railway stations or to avoid paying the brokers and has facility to book advance ticket 360 days before the journey.
2012 on-wards, there has been a major change in the procedure of booking tickets on IRCTC. Here is some steps which can help foreign tourists and NRIs to get themselves registered with IRCTC and can book the train tickets without hassle.
1. Log in to the website and click ‘Sign up‘ button.
2. Fill in the mandatory details along with E-mail id and mobile number (This could be a random number as prefix of India’s ISD code makes it impossible to update the native country cell number)
3. Once you have filled all the necessary details, you will get an acknowledgement message that User ID, password and activation Link has been sent to your Registered E-mail ID and the mobile verification code has been forwarded to your Registered mobile number.
4. After getting the User Id on your Registered E-mail id, you can forward the request for sending the mobile verification code on your E-mail by writing to the customer care.
5. Once you get the mobile verification code on your Registered E-mail id (may take few days), you can verify the code.
6. You are now registered on IRCTC and can use this for booking tickets.
We hope this blog will clear a lot of ambiquity related to How to Register with IRCTC for train bookings by Foreign tourists and NRIs.
For any other help, we are attaching the contact details of IRCTC,